Friday, November 04, 2005

So I've actually had ridiculously busy days at work the past few days. (What am I doing, you ask? By my count, I've made about 11,000 copies in my last three days.) Consequently, I haven't had much time to hit you up with my knowledge. However, I should be back to a more regular posting routine starting Monday.



Rather than a full entry today, you're going to get a movie recommendation. Go watch Chris Rock's "Bigger and Blacker." If you haven't seen it, it's the funniest hour of comedy I've ever seen. It's also the inspiration for my new blog title. It may change on an irregular basis, but for now, it's a good insight into how I view the world and all you crazy bastards.



Concluding this week's tour of New York, we're going to make the trip out to Long Island to see my favorite Jewish rappers, the Beastie Boys. Mike D, MCA, and Adrock have been keeping it real for going on two decades now, even longer than I have. As far as storytelling goes, these guys are awesome, and there is no better example than the legendary "Paul Revere."

"Now I got the gun you got the brew
You got two choices of what you can do
It's not a tough decision as you can see
I can blow you away or you can ride with me"

I said, "I'll ride with you if you can get me to the border
The sheriff's after me for what I did to his daughter
I did it like this, I did it like that
I did it with a whiffleball bat"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home