Monday, October 31, 2005

Alito it is. Before you listen to left-wing demagoguery about how radical he is, take the time to read what he has written. His most well-known opinion, the dissent in Planned Parenthood v. Casey, is linked here. For a judicial opinion, it reads very well, and he comes off like a reasonable interpreter of the constitution and past opinions. It's going to be difficult for Democrats to stop his nomination, especially if his supporters get out early and frame the debate. At any rate, this fight will be of a much higher quality than Harriet Miers' nomination would have been.



My fantasy football team, Rico's Roughnecks, is awesome. Solid 128-66 victory this weekend moves me to 5-3. Not that you care.



Saw Wedding Crashers over the weekend. If you haven't seen it, go now. If you have, watch it again. Hilarious. Of the recent Vince Vaughn-Owen Wilson-Luke Wilson-Ben Stiller-Will Ferrell movies to come out, it might just be the best. I can't remember the last movie I enjoyed so much in the theaters. Countless funny jokes left me ROTFLMAO! LOL!! JK!!! Plus, it's got Christopher Walken in it, so that's always worth a few points in my book.



On a semi-related note, I wonder how much I would have to pay Vaughn and Wilson to crash my wedding. If only I hadn't gotten married before seeing the movie.



For today's Rap Lyric of the Day, I go to my good personal friend Notorious B.I.G., or as I called him, "Biggie." Growing up on the streets of Brooklyn was a difficult experience and something I would not wish on anyone. We all either rose above the streets or perished on them. Like Biggie, I was able to get out of the hood. We all used different methods. For him, it was wicked rhymes. For me, it was my dope mathematical skills. So today we remember Biggie and reminisce about what it was like in the hood.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this
50 inch screen, money green leather sofa
Got two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur

Rest in Peace, Big Poppa.



Now my friends, I must say good night once again. I'm off to crash a funeral.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home