Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Holla. It's been a while since I've wrote anything extensive and there's a lot of intense stuff going on right now.

As for the election, it's going to be close, but I'm gonna keep saying what I've been saying since I started writing about it. I think Bush is up 2 or 3 percentage points right now, and it's the president's election to lose. I'll come out with my final projection on Monday, but right now, I'm leanging toward something like 296-242. We shall see though.

The World Series has also been intense, but nothing can really compare to what went down in the ALCS. That comeback was simply the most amazing sports event that I have ever seen. I guess it was fitting for the Red Sox to finally triumph over the Yankees the way they did.

As far as ND football goes, last week's game was one of my most depressing moments over the last four years here. I hate Boston College with a burning passion, because some BC students talked shit to my mother after the game two years ago. There was no game I wanted to win more than this one, so combine that with the way it went down and it hurt pretty bad. I've been a pretty strong defender of Willingham as long as he's been here, but I thought the coaching in the second half of the game was simply atrocious. There was no excuse for playing the way they played. Does that mean Willingham should go? I don't know, but if they aren't ready to play Tennessee in two weeks, it's a pretty bad sign.

Fall Break was pretty sweet, I spent the first weekend in Milwaukee where Lauren was interviewing at the Medical College of Wisconsin. It was a really nice city and I enjoyed my time thoroughly. Then we caravaned down to Missouri, where I spent the week. All in all, it was a really fun week, topped off by the fact that Lauren found out she got into MCW earlier this week. So huzzah!

Meanwhile, I finished my Teach for America application, and for the moment it's out of my hands. We'll see what goes down, but for the moment, I'm just trying not to worry about it.

I think that's all that's going down over here, so holla atcha boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home